Old 12-11-2006, 09:38 PM
TeamMudd
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cdrmotorsports
Thanks for the replies. I am going to get right on that ticking. TeamMudd: that is a great site. Thanks for the link! I am thinking of just doing a cat back system for now and later splurge for the manifolds and free flows. Would you suggest leaning towards the FM 40 for now if that is the case or stick more with the 50?
what are you going for? that would be the first question.

a 50 series will have a low rumble at idle and will get louder and more aggressive when your laying into it, but not so loud that you can't stand it! the interior noise ain't bad at all threw the rpm band and levels out the higher you rev!

an Original 40 series has a VERY agressive tone at idle, and an even more aggresive rumble when you hit the gas. and an original 40 series has more interior noise threw the rpm band, and don't level out as quick as the 50 series!

but if you want to stay with the 40 series but not have as much interior noise the 40 series DELTA FLOW sounds awsome too! that's the burnt orange SD on 44's that i have on the web site.

now where you place the muffler on your truck will make a difference too! i mounted mine closer to the rear axle, so it wasn't DIRECTLY under the cab. the closer to the cab you mount it, the more interior noise your gonna have! if your debating on the 40 or 50 series go between the white SD (original 50 series) and the burnt orange SD (40 series Delta Flow) to help with your descision. my SD has more of a mellow tone and deeper due to the headers. those two trucks have stock manifolds still on them! then go from there!