View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 04:29 AM
leskwvo
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have only read of a few other 6.0 trucks being converted. Of the four major kit builders 2 of them have kits for the 6.0. Most 6.0 owners are reluctant to convert a truck with a warranty still intact. Others can't believe it can be done.

You are in a perfect position in my mind, you've owned the truck since new so you know the truck, you are out of warranty, and you sound mechanically inclined enough to do the conversion yourself.

Taking a new 6.0 and converting it is not for the faint of hart. You will have fuel system warranty issues, or worse. You won't know if you got a good motor or bad motor since it takes 30-50K for anything significant to happen. Don't get me wrong I did mine at 3900 miles and so far I've had an alternator go bad and the EGR valve plug up. The alternator was replaced under warranty with the WVO system intact, the EGR valve I replaced with Ebay parts for $37.

I still drive with my sphincter puckered thinking something is going to happen that will cost me far more then I saved in fuel so far, but what he $ell that is why they make preparation H right.

Erick
05 PSD
WVO kit with over 28K on it