View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 08:34 AM
gunsandbeer
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The wobble/rattle is at all speeds on pretty much any road impact. Instead of the feel of a bump in the steering wheel as you would feel on most vehicles, the wheel jerks in the direction of impact and attempts to right itself, resulting in the wheel snapping back and forth. In explaining the speed difference, I meant that at 30 mph, having the wheel snatched out of your hand is generally controllable, but at highway speeds it resulted in a 2-ton missle with no guidance system. For anyone feeling this is being blown out of proportion, I have driven Humvees through the desert at night in lights-out conditions and not been nervous at all so this isn't the rambling of some sissy who's big boy truck is scaring him. My wife won't ride in it for worry it will bounce itself of the road let alone drive it. My 91 F350, and 96 F250 which is a worn out work truck ride as solid as you would expect from a heavy duty vehicle but this new one is seeming to fall far short. It is also the only super duty I have ever seen coming off the lot with Pirelli Scorpion tires, which will be replaced if the dealer is able to find the problem. the use of legal means which seems to have gotten everyone riled up follows a problem I had a few years ago when a new Pontiac was into and out of the shop for its first three months of life with an engine vibration, left for almost a month with dealer only to find there was an engine mount missing from the factory but GM claimed they wold only fix it not replace it. A year later, the stress from 500 miles of the missing mount caused other driveline issues but by that time it was too late. So it was sold for scrap. My point was, I won't let the clock slide by on a resolution when dealing with a $36K truck.