View Single Post
Old 05-14-2002, 12:35 PM
fredjr1
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blown spark plug?

This is obviously happening to A LOT of V10's. I have a 1998 V10 E350 cutaway chassis (Class C Motorhome) and the guy I bought it from admitted that it had blown a spark plug out of the head. And he is sales manager for a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury dealer. Happened to him under the 3/36 factory warranty, and he got 2 new heads out of the deal. Wish I new if the new heads they installed were/are any different from the ones that have the problems. Had the Serial number checked before I bought it, but Ford had nothing on their computers about the warranty replacement. I thought it was pretty honest of the guy to even tell me that it had happened. He couldn't remember exactly how many miles it had when it happened; he guessed about 20,000. Has 33,000 on it now. Made me really leery about buying it, but it runs perfectly, doesn't smoke, has gobs of torque (drove it home through the Smokies, on the Blue Ridge Parkway---never downshifted to 2nd gear once even on the steepest grades, and weighs 11,000 lbs!!!) Has the Dana 4.1? rear end with E4OD tranny.

Has Ford admitted they have a problem? I would doubt it, but if so any info or TSB's that anyone know of would be appreciated----