View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 11:49 AM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sam_Fear
So did it really die or did you just retire it? Those 300's are nearly indestructable. There's a guy in the I-6 forum that ran a 300 for awhile with a broken crank between the 2nd and 3rd cylinders. That's what my '87 has too (a 300 I-6, not a broken crank!)

Yeah, I know where Ridgeview is. I work at UPS on 76th st. I live over near Genisis East.
its still running, starts just fine then knock knock knock, all while shaking to the beat.

it just needs some work to be road worthy again. the frontend is shot, with the front tires off the ground you can wiggle them up and down, side to side. needs some brake work, the right rear drum locks up every now and then when you take off it drags the tire a foot or so and then it clunks and lets go.

when its not so cold out i need to tear apart the six and see if it can be saved. otherwise a buddy of mine is storing some of his things in my gradge, including a 460 and a c6 both with about 5,000 miles on them since rebuilds, hes willing to give me them as payment for storage.

my uncle and i just parted my dads old 75 chevy 3/4 ton custom delux. we plan on taking the leafsping pack form my truck and combine the top spring with the bottom 3/4 ton springs. then hopefully the gods will smile on us and the gm 14 bolt rearend with 4.56 gears wont be to hard to put under the 82.

for now the f100 is sitting behind my uncles gradge, with his old 75 scotts dale and 74 nova, and varoius engine blocks, rearends and other finds.

got plenty of stuff to get done once spring hits.

i can see it now, a beatup camoflage 82 with a flat bed. either a 300 or 460 backed by 4.56 gears. if you ever need a stump pulled or a nosiey neighbors house drug down the street, you know where to find me.