Thread: ABS Brake Light
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 09:33 PM
450 RV
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well after exhausting what knowledge I had on the ABS system I was able to talk to a local small Ford dealer Service Mgr to test my 450 with their computer. The service manager said their dealership was too small to support a motor home, but for 75 dollars would run a check. Turns out it was the left front wheel ABS sensor. I have a shop bigger than theirs and I brought it home and went to work removing the front wheel and hub to get to the sensor bolted on the splash shield inside the hub area. Put in the new sensor and fired up the old V10 and the lights are out! Yahoo. Cost me two hundred dollars to get them out with me doing the labor. Can you imagine what the cost would have been if left at one of our Stealer Dealers? Don't even want to think about it.

I carefully opened the wire loom on the sensor and found a hidden broken wire inside it. The break was in the area where the loom gets a lot of flexing. Over time I guess it just fatigued. But, this truck only has 36,000 miles. Who would have suspected this at such low mileage?

Thanks guys and gals for all yor help on the subject.