View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 07:42 AM
Roush_Shaun
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fred Ryel
I have a question. I was told by the dealership that if the processor needed program changes, they would have to send it back to Roush for programing because Roush sets all the air, fuel, boost ect. special because of the Roushcharger. This is a gas, 5.4, 3 valve, 2006. It's Roush tag is stamped 445 HP, 500 Ft. lbs. Torq. I was wanting to increase top speed setting and maybe some other simple items but don't have much knowledge of the programers. I had an Edge Evolution on my 06 Supercrew with the same 5.4 but it wasn't supercharged or Roush. Can someone give me some advise on tuning? Also is there a chip that can be programed, installed and removed with out purchasing a tuner programer? Kind of put this one on then put things back to original without a tuner programer. I would appreciate any info on this that is available.
Thanks.
If you are wanting to change the speed limiter for more top speed this should be changed before the ECM has been tuned by us. What could happen if you decide to change the speed limiter after we have flashed it is the roush tune may be erased if the ford dealer ship or performance shop is not carefull.
Then again we will not guaruntee that the speedo re-cal will not be wiped out when we tune the ECM if you have the speed limiter re-set before it gets to us. Hope this helps some. Thanks Shaun