View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 10:54 PM
bluesuedetruck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Your argument for keeping a front tag makes as much sense as the ridiculous prohibition on front window tint on front drivers and passenger side windows . Its supposedly to help protect officers during traffic stops , yet you could Spray Paint your rear window Black and be perfectly legal ! Well if Im Mr 3 Strike Felon and Im gonna pop a cap in a cop , I aint waiting till hes standing at my door side , Im gonna start blazing away as he walks up and cant see me thru my entirely LEGAL BLACK OUT Rear glass . Its circular logic at its finest , and believe me I can come up with plenty of other MV Code Statutes that are antiquated , out right stupid , and serve nothing more then to harrass other wise lawabiding people and generate revenue for the Municipality/State"

Midnight, I MAY be wrong but it's a good bet you do NOT have a loved one that is in law enforcement and just might be the poor s#!t that is on the wrong side of that "harmless" paint job.

It's also like the "harmless" rear license plate covers that "cloud" the letters/numbers so they can only be read directly and closely behind the vehicle. With this item, the poor s#!t officer wouldn't even be able to get the plate# after be left on the roadway by the "poor harassed revenue contributors". I don't usually get too worked up over most posts but your quote went just a little over the line at it's conclusion. Maybe you ought to reword it some.

I am fairly certain YOU, YOUR GIRL or your "Buds" would be the first to cry if the officer stayed next to HIS/HER vehicle and made YOU and your passengers all get out of the vehicle on a cold or rainy night and lay face down on the pavement until your ID and license s all check out. After all...your car "COULD" fit the description of a wanted/ stolen vehicle and with all the identifying details blocked out there would only be one way to be certain about it.

If you never have to "bet your life" on what's inside a strange, blacked out vehicle you can easily draw a one sided conclusion.

Sorry for the rant guy/gals.
This subject hits me personally.