View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 06:27 PM
mlb4966
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paddle, paddle, Paddle. Yep we have no road, better yet we loss part of a bridge. They do have a temp bridge but it can only be used in case of a emergency and those that live in the 19 mile sub division.

WilliesSD250 is down here with me and wouldnt you know it the subdivison that I live in is the one that was flooded. We spent all day carring sand bags in the backs of our trucks. We figure there was approximatley 3500 lbs in each load. Never got over the tires pertaining to depth of the water. Sorta ironic the part of the subdivision that I live in was fine and its the portion that is considered in the Flood Zone. The sections that flooded were not in the flood zone. From what I heard sounds as if they didnt have flood insurance since it wasnt mandatory.

Back to the roads. Hopefully they will have the road drivable by the end of next week. I missed a few appts in Anchorage so I had to reschedule it. I will try to attach a photo here to show what Keystone Canyon looked like in case no one has seen it.

Mike B

Attached Images