Thread: What a shame:
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 07:47 PM
TwelveAlpha
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I know Shasteen in Lincoln. I think he kind of deals in injuries, but that probably makes him pretty savvy in traffic accidents. The left turn=your fault sounds on its face like 100% baloney. I was a cop for 6 years, not in Nebraska, but thats the stupidest thing I ever heard. You can't patently say a left turn or a right turn or . . . Every case is a compilation of all of the factors.
Example - most of the time, if you get rear ended, its the guy behind you responsible. But not every time. I can even rattle off the old "you need to drive in accordance with the road and weather conditions and appropriate consideration for the load you are hauling" when its someone in a trailer. But reality. Reality is, people get behind a truck with a trailer and they're impatient. Their trip is more important, they're irritated because they can't see, and they pass him. Then they zip right back into the lane right in front of him and OH MY GOSH theres a red light better slam on the brakes. Well physics lesson folks. They need to drive with appropriate consideration for the other traffic. 10 tons doesnt stop in the same distance as 2, and you can read all about it in the state drivers handbook. So in that scenario, it's not the pickup with the trailers fault, he never had the time to respond to the other idiot.
Now I know squat about your particular scenario, and I suspect theres more to it. Up to you if you want to share, but I'll stand by the original statement that if the only thing he ticketed you on was a left turn, he's out of bounds.
And how do I get my name to show Lincoln, NE, anyway?