View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 07:38 AM
DoofusOfTheDay
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Replacing Dash Lights in 1998 F-150

Tried earlier but thread blew up.

Okay I am going to replace all my dash lights as at least 2 are dead now. Not bad for 100,000 miles though. Anyhoo, picked up a Chilton's CD and understand how to get at the intrument cluster by removing the headlight switch(and the little tricks that go with removing it) removing bezels, etc. I also surfed over to Sylvania's site to check what bulbs I might need as the Chilton's CD does NOT list the bulb specifications, which is pretty ridiculous, but maybe I couldn't find them in the CD. The CD is prepackaged with Adobe Reader 5.0, nice and new stuff there. Can't upgrade it to something more current, as it is on un-writeable CD and you must use CD to use program. Anyhoo, all that aside Sylvania shows me this for Intrument general lighting for my vehicle:

Instrument-general
194LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Okay how many of each do I need? Can anybody recommend a light bulb source? Could I use like Red Bulbs instead for a different look? I'd rather not take the whole thing apart, count the bulbs and note the type of bulbs, put it back together, order bulbs, take it back apart, put in bulbs and put back together. Wouldn't it be super if I could just take it apart once? Well that was my thought anyway.

Thanks.