Old 09-13-2006, 06:53 PM
WillDog
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vze2sgxa
Interesting comments thus far, thanks.

So, what is it that we are doing when we cause the truck to stall? How does it stall? Do the plugs get soaked, or is the intake fuel/air mixture that drastically (and immediately) altered (enriched beyond factory specs or controllability by the engine itself)? How is forcibly stalling an engine a good thing?

So far, from your feedback, some of you are telling me that the following is how you are 'measuring' effectiveness (and safety/reliability) of this procedure:
1. increased throttle response
2. increased mileage

How long do results 1 and 2 above last for the average driver? How do you measure the effect of diluting the oil, especially in the stall procedure?
OK.......let's see how far I can go on this..............

The engine is purposefully stalled by introducing the material into the intake in such volume that you create a rich condition that is beyond the engine's ability to ignite. In other words....too much liquid, not enough oxygen. The engine is flooded, basically.

The reason that you want to choke the engine into a stalled situation is so that you can leave some of the material in the engine in it's original state, and not have it burned away by a running engine. Make sense?

As far as diluting the oil, I have never (and will never) used any of these things in the crankcase. Only in the intake. Does some of it pass by the rings and mix in with the oil? Possibly. But the amount would be minute. So I can't answer that part of your inquiry.

What are your benefits in the long term? A clean engine is a more efficient engine. The reduction of carbon in the combustion chamber will help your engine make it later in it's life. Is it necessary? Who knows? Does it help? Probably. Will it hurt anything if used properly? Nope. Like LEADER said, under most driving conditions, in engines under 100,000 miles, it's probably better for your peace-of-mind, than it is for your engine.