View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 09:02 PM
michaelbrainardatwor
More Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Junkyard Find - 1969 F600

I recently found a 1969 F600 chassis in a local junkyard....owner said $75 and I can take the whole thing or as much or as little as I want.

The GOOD...some interior parts ( That I want for my 69 F100 ) such as the dash with tach, am radio in good shape, all glass is good, doors are straight and quite clean, the hood is perfectly straight ( significant surface rust inside...) and various other trinkets I can use or sell on Ebay. The cab seems quite solid although I haven't looked close at the floor, the grill looks great ( it is painted )...is there any market for a heavy ford grill?

The BAD....The dash pad is shot ( DAMN ) fenders ( inner and outer ) are rotten, although I have no use for F600 Fenders anyway

The ??? - The engine appears to have an oil bath air cleaner....I thought the sticker on the cleaner said "330"...was there an FE block 330? The transmission is a 4 speed with a 2 speed rear end. Any market for these parts?

Should I bother with the engine and transmisson? I have no idea if the engine is loose?

What else should be of value off of the F600 trucks that might swap with the f100-F250?