View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 10:50 AM
997.3okie
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OKC Trustworthy transmission check OKC

Hey Guys,

I had a problem with my truck and took it into the dealership for an inspection. The dealership said my tranny had burned up because a cooling line got pinched. The whole story is in the diesel truck section of FTE. I am a bit worried about their conclusion about the truck and am thinking about getting an independent inspection done. I am hoping the folks in OKC could direct me to a shop that can confirm what the dealership said.

I bought the truck used from Fleming almost two years ago and got the 4yr warranty with it. Since then I have put 12k miles on it but the dealership I took it to says they found maintenance records from the previous owner which showed it had over 100k miles on it in the past before my purchase. I bought it with 58k on it. So they say I need to replace the tranny and my warranty, $2000.00 I gave to Ford, is void so I will need $3700.00 for the transmission replacement. In any case I would appreciate any recommendations for a good tranny shop. The truck is a 1 ton diesel with a 4r100 (I think thats it) transmission.