Thread: Multi State GTG
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 01:19 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by tojoski
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that driving out of state is probably out of the question for me. Gas prices are just too high..
That is a good point. Thanks for posting it. It really needs to be addressed and I'd like to link to this on the other threads I have going.

When we have GTG's at different locations in KS we will sometimes truck pool. Thats whats nice about our big Ford trucks. They have lots of room for folks and stuff. So if you have a member or three in your area you might want to see about getting a group together to make the trip. Splitting the fuel cost makes it a lot more affordable. I really enjoy the extra time to talk with the other FTE members on the way to and back.

I understand that some folks who live on the other side of the state will most likely not make it. So maybe we can see if we can move this around a bit in the years to come. I would like this to be a yearly event. And if you'd like to get another multi chapter GTG with other states closer to you please do so.

The National event did not happen this year and I just want to see if maybe we can plant some seeds that will grow into one. I'm new to FTE. But I have to say I have not found a nicer group of folks anywhere else. Just trying to get some activity going on the boards and get folks together again.

I would not be opposed to having it in the NW corner of Arkansas if we have others that want to have it there. The 30-40 mile extra drive would not bother me. But we do need to have it as close as we can to the folks that want to make.

Thanks again for posting this. Just keep talking plain english to me and we'll be fine.