Thread: Utah Ricers?
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 12:15 PM
75BigBlock
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I'm definitely not used to seeing any. The guy in the supra was a turd though, when he saw that I wasn't gonna race he gave me that "**** ****" hand motion and left. All I could do was laugh. In Idaho where I used to live, the only hopped up rides were muscle cars and custom hot rods. The last one I actually CHOSE to race was a 34 Ford truck.. and as the owner would say it was "Built Ford Tough With Chevy Stuff". It had a carbed "Vette engine in it with a Muncie 4 speed among other things.

The only "ricer" I've raced that I give respect to was the one that wooped my butt at RMR. I took my truck to RMR as soon as the season started last year when I got here. I had just had my engine finished, but still had the stock tranny (died a few months into use with new engine) and my open rear with a 3.25. It was my first ever trip down a strip, so my reaction time sucked really bad. I managed a 14.9 in the 1/4 @ 93mph. This guy was driving I think an early 90's Nissan 240sx. It had a crap load of boost. I heard him talking to his buddies in the staging lanes and he said he was at 30psi in third gear, so I have no idea what that means for 1st and 2nd. He pulled a 12.2 @ 112mph and left my truck in the dust. One thing I like about the track over the country roads is the sportsmanship. Dude gave me a thumbs up cause he knew what he was racing.. a 5000# brick.