Thread: Utah Ricers?
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 02:17 AM
75BigBlock
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Utah Ricers?

Why is it that every time an import pulls up next to me they want to race? My truck doesn't even look like a race machine! And my god... does every guy save up and get a turbo and slap it on? I hear more BOV's in my ear than I got diesel exhaust in my face like I did in Idaho when I would sit at a light. I'm just guessing it's the gear drive that gets to them, most people think it's a supercharger. Like tonight, I decided to go for a little cruise so I could think about things (because that's when I do it) and I hear this turbo sound and sure enough here comes a Toyota Supra with a BOV loud enough to pierce my eardrums. The dude starts messing with me a bit and so I give him a womp on the gas pedal and that's when he pulls up next to me and asks if I want to race for $200! What the &$%... leave me alone! I'm not wasting a gallon of gas on you. Had this been in Idaho I would have raced him because we have plenty of backroads to do so and with the slightest turn of the wheeel.. off goes Supra into a potato field Ugh.. sorry.. I just had to throw that out there because every time I hit any major road I always get an import with a turbo wanting to race and of course my truck is loud so cops aim their eyes at me, not them.

Has anyone else experienced this? There seems to be a couple of "Midnight Clubs" here in the SLC area. I've witnessed a 350Z club pull out in front of me from a gas station around that time of night on a friday, must have been 15 or so of them. I think it's in Murray off of statestreet. Although I guess it's a good thing it's just the turbo guys because if every N/A honda civic and eagle talon and mitsubishi eclipse did that crap I'd never drive again. And it's only the imports! I never get anything from any Mustang I pass or Camaro or any Turbo Diesel. It's like they have something to prove... and they pick a "Farm Truck" with Idaho plates. Riiiiight. Almost makes me want to put a Turbo on my 460 and see how they like it, stick a 5000lb brick up their tailpipe. Ok.. *deep breath* I'm done for tonight.