View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Nightrain
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 5.0L EFI: E85 Conversion Questions

My uncle and I are debating on purchasing an E85 "still" from a local feller who works for Dogwood Energy in Tullahoma, Tennessee. We have plenty of access to all of the ingredients needed to produce E85, so none of my questions pretain to that topic...

Unk has a Dodge Ram and his wife has a Dodge Caravan.
He was able to purchase a kit online from Flex-Tek to be able to switch from gasoline to E85. Unfortuneately, there is no kit available for my 1994 F-150 EFI 5.0L.

So, I'm going to go at it my own, but not without the proper knowledge, first. I've read several articles online pretaining to EFI Volvo's, Dodge's, etc., so I figure that the process is almost the same.

What I'm mostly curious about is what products are needed to convert to E85 alone? Forget running gasoline anymore... I only want to run E85. So, what all parts do I need, and where do I go from there?

Sorry to be so complicated... This is just something that I want to venture into, but I want to take my time and know that I do everything properly. I hope that we all can benefit from the info that will be strewn around this thread!

Thanks, ya'll!

Nightrain