Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 01:53 PM
alanco
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone, I am Alan Hale, member name Alanco. I live in Kingston, Nevada, have a nice 40 x 40 garage with a lift, and I do automotive work and restorations, as well as computer work, including websites.

I am starting on a '56 Flatbed 4 x 4 F-250 which I am building from a '53 ford F-250 frame, a '70 F-250 Flatbed 4 x 4 which has a 351W, 4 speed manual trans and a NP205 transfer case. This truck will be used for towing, and hauling. The 351 is beitn fitted with FI courtest of a 2001 GM computer and Ford port injection manifold with GM injectors. This allows programming of the FI curbve with a handheld scanner.

My friend, Mike Bishop, and I are also starting on a '53 Ford F-100 race truck with flathead which will be set up to break the existing stock truck flathead speed record next year at Bonneville.

I have owned a couple of F-100s a really nice '60 F-100, and the donor '56 F100 which I drove for two years, then had a rollover with it, replacing the cab and some sheet metal, and recently sold its engine.
It will supply the cab and sheet metal for the F-250 project. Its frame is going to the race truck. I have built 4 F-100s for customers. I do a lot of computer/FI repair on late model vehicles. I also have done a lot of Mustang restorations, and some Falcon restorations.

My F-250 is being built to be a decent tow vehicle for a 3000 plus pound travel trailer which a F-100 could not be. (too short a WB and too light rear axle components and frame.) The extra 18" WB and heavier rear suspension of the F-250 as well as the Dana 60 rear end with full floating axles cinch the deal.

The choice of the flatbed over a pickup bed is to make hauling building materials easier, and providing room for personal items in water and dust tight storage box to make up for the small '56 cab as compared to the extended cab on the 01 Silverado 1500 4 x 4 the truck is replacing. There will be two side boxes to hold chains, tie down ropes and bungees, jack and tools. The main box, behind the cab, will hold personal items, luggage, etc.

This entire project as well as the race truck will be completely documented and put in a gallery for reference.

Alanco