View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 09:51 PM
big hoss 29
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The last fish I caught in Nevada was at Lahontan Resevoir. I was just going to drown a few worms with my folks. Sometime during the day we decided to stay the night. It was about 10 pm and we were still catching big fat catfish when my Dad and I heard a big splash from the other side of the channel.

My Mom is a sick, sick individual with a wicked sense of humor. She yelled out "OH MY GOD, IT'S COMING RIGHT AT ME!!!" My Dad and I threw down our poles and ran to her, him with his .357 and me with my 9mm drawn, with our eyes bigger than a manhole cover and looking around like Barney Fife. She was laughing her butt off and when I shined my flashlight on the "beast", it turned out to be a beaver. She's lucky that the next splash wasn't her hitting the water.

Anyway, that weekend all of us limited out with nice channel Catfish and I caught a 16lb Carp. Of course at Lahontan, you can't eat the damn things because of the mercury, so we gave them to my g-pa so he could smoke them for cat food. I wonder how he kept them lit?

Last edited by big hoss 29; 07-21-2006 at 09:58 PM.