View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Flash
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having to do this from memory as my cousin, who has a machine shop/speed shop did the work. He basically emptied the engine block, bored it .030 and put a steelite crank stroker to 3.98". I think that makes it a 418 Cu In. as I remember. It has K Black pistons but I don't remember which ones, I beam rods, a custom grind cam from Comp Cams and is a non- symetrical design by my cousin. It has the Comp high rev lifters, dual valve springs, link chain and timing gear set, an Accel ignition system, Edlebrock dual plane intake, Carter 750 Superquad, Hooker headers, high volume and pressure oil pump (idles and runs at 70 lbs) with custom relief valve body, and the valves were opened up but I don't remember the size other than BIG. The dual exhaust is 3" thru 42" Cherry Bombs. The radiator is out of an F-600 that had a diesel. The radiator runs from just clearing the hood to hanging out the bottom by about 6" and about 3/4 of the way across the engine bay. The fan and fan clutch are from a 460 F-350 with a 28" seven blade fan with shroud. I run 93 octane gas with a bottle of VP Fuels C-5 to every 12 gallons. You can tell when it gets to the carb if I run it without it. I usually can get 12 mpg with just a load on the truck which has extra rear springs. Pulling like the brush hog it was just under 10. The combination has been real satisfactory. The old girl is still looking good as she is Whimbleton White with a custom front bumper from drill stem that is black as is the headache rack.