View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 01:49 PM
customstringer
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was going to look at it tonight and see if there is enough clearance to realistically try to free it up at the pivot point with some wd 40, being careful to use the small red straw . I'll skip the silicone for now. I just did replace the belt using a belt tool [essentially a breaker bar with the 3/8 post on it to move the tensioner] and that's how I discovered it was stiff and not springing back. I am very aware that I don't want to get anything near the belt or the pulleys for obvious reasons.

Since I am heading that direction, I am interested if anyone can give me a little more detail about replacing the tensioner, save the r and r of the belt which I know how to do. I've checked on a few sites, including the one which is a sponsor for this forum and a new one is $50-60 bucks. An earlier response said it was a matter of a few bolts. I guess I want to know if it is something that I need to do from under the truck or up top, whether I am going to have some knuckle buster issues with the mounting bolts being seized most likely, and any other tips about replacing the tensioner. Any help from those who have done it before would be appreciated.