View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 11:35 PM
downhillpat
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, where I'm at, the local ASSET program doesn't exist so I'l be taking Ford MLR (maintenance and light repair...don't let the name throw ya, the whole program I'm taking includes a lot more)

But the way it used to work around here and I was 2 years too late, was that you would go to a tech college and apply for the program like a normal college. Go to www.fordasset.com and you'll find out most you need to know there. ASSET is still around, but it would cost me mega gas money for the fiddy to get there. Carb w/ Secondaries+C6 3 speed =$$$$$$kaching!!! I am opec's best friend....

Tools, boarding, and even the schooling you initially have to pay for unless you're in good with and/or working for a dealership...or at least that's how I read it. I would have had my tools had the dealership from my AYES internship kept me on which they were supposed to do and bought the tools in the first place...hell I didn't even get any uniforms...but I still get the employee discount on parts, so it's all good.