View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 02:54 PM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
We are both hot springs fans, but she's a little newer at it than I am. I've been to at least 15 or 20 of them throughout Nevada and the eastern Sierras. There is something incredibly relaxing about sitting in the hot water where all you can hear is the wind and the animals.

We didn't see much wildlife this trip. In the past, we've seen antelope, wild burros, wild horses, big horn sheep, bald eagles (that was actually northwestern AZ), and of course lots of jackrabbits.

Dave, the mormom crickets weren't as plentiful as they were last year when we went. I remember the state DOT putting up mobile signs on the road saying watch out for slippery conditions. Cars running over a couple hundred thousand crickets over a mile stretch of road will do that.

I actually lived in Vegas for a while. I didn't care for it. The worst drivers I've ever encountered and the rudest people I've ever dealt with. Not that everyone there is like that, but I sure couldn't take it. I hope you bought property. That's the easiest way to make money, except for taking tourists money at the poker tables.