View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 07:35 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bloomsburg update

I am sorry to inform everyone that this weekend's event has been canceled. This morning in the meetings with the Bloomsburg Fair Board they allowed us to look at the facility and then decide among our team whether we would be able to stage the event. We had full confidence in the ability to do so without tasking any of the resources on the facility, the fairgrounds then agreed to push forward with Special Events. We then publicly released that we would be producing the 19th Annual Toyo Tires 4-Special Events Operations Team successfully cleaned up all debris and safety issues off the fairgrounds, brought in external resources to produce the event, the Bloomsburg Fair Board came to us at 6:45 PM EST to inform the staff that they would not allow the event to take place.

Even though we bring an estimated 5 Million Dollars in Economic Impact to the City of Bloomsburg, they have decided to cancel this weekend's event. We are working on placing the event on a weekend in August in an attempt to replace some of the dollars lost due to this unfortunate late decision by the Bloomsburg Fair Board.

I will be calling each of you individually to discuss how to work through this situation. We understand that you have already made many arrangements for this event, and will take those into consideration when working with you. Special Events is terribly sorry for the late notice and the canceling of the Bloomsburg Show. Feel free to call me with any questions you might have.

Lindsay M Hubley
SPECIAL EVENTS PERFORMANCE SERIES
The Promotion Company
Office: 317-225-4670 NEW!!!
lhubley@familyevents.com
www.familyevents.com