View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 09:28 AM
LilDuke
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well.... There are 3 levels to my yard. The one closest to fishing creek is under water. I expect the middle yard to be covered by the end of the day. It won't be too bad as long as we don't get a bunch more rain. However they are watching a tropical mass south of the carolinas that could be developing in to a depression.... Hoping that I'll get through this by the skin of my teeth.

Thanks for the concern though. Compared to how a bunch of other people(like in Wayne county) i have been very lucky. Usually 4-6" of rain over a short period of time and my house would be flooded. Thank god we had such a dry spring.

P.s. Don't worry about the meet for the truck show. Things will be dried out by then. Even in september of '04 when I had 2' of water in the house, eveything was cleaned up and back to normal in a couple of days. That flood hit the week before the fair. You would never know that the fairgrounds had 5' of water. Also, this house was originally a cottage built by bell atlantic for their execs to get away for summer retreats. It was built to take the floods. All my utilities come in above max flood, as well as the panel box.