View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 09:17 AM
tguil
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear end ratio on 2007 Expedition

Guys,

New the forum. Have had Fords in the past. My first was a 1956 Fairlane club coup with a 1957 312 engine and two four barrels. Wish I still had it. Most recently I had a 1990 Bronco and 1998 Expedition. Loved them both. Right now I'm driving a Dodge Quad Cab Hemi. It's almost as much fun as the 56 Fairlane. Bought the Hemi cause it really hauls.

It's time to trade and I know that no way will an Expedition match the Hemi's performance, but I think that I would be better off with a SUV than a pickup right. The new Expedition appears to "fit" me better than the other SUV's on the market.

To get half-way decent performance, I think that I need at least a 3:55 or 3:73 rear end. What's available on the new Expedition? I plan on buying the base XLT and about the only option I will add is the trailer tow package.

Two more questions: 1) Why no locking rear differentlal as an option? 2) Where can I find information on the new six speed transmission? (I had my 1990 Bronco in the shop three times for a transmission rebuild all under warranty. Yep, I'm pretty patient.)

Thanks.

Tom