Thread: taxes
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Dave Barbieri
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kennedyford
....but the final word is how would they know if you mix with reg?
Mom always sed, "Never mess with people that can hurt you." How would they know? Don't know and don't wanna find out. A lot of folks got burned running leaded fuel in unleaded vehicles. How did they know? A small piece of chemically reactive paper the size of two postage stamps. The inspector rubbed it on the inside of the tailpipe and looked for a reaction. Any trace, You're Busted. Biodiesel is becoming a growing force in US transportation. It's not a fad anymore; states are now requiring its addition to petrodiesel stocks sold for OTR use. Just as there's a quick and simple test for leaded fuel and offroad diesel, you can bet your next meal that there will soon be an equally simple field test for bioD in portions larger than, say, 20%.

400 gallons would easily take me thru a quarter. Even if it didn't, I'm still making my own fuel for a fraction of the cost at the pump (even with the two bits added on for Uncle). Ya see, once the 'Revenooers' check you and find that you're clean, they go on to other targets. But get busted just once, and you definitely become a 'target of opportunity' for a long time. Considering the grief I could bring down on myself, it's just not worth it.

My .02 worth.