View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 09:36 AM
Dave Barbieri
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, OK. Magnesol. MAGNESOL!!! At my age, memory is a fleeting thing. Marty (Loving Wife) sez she's just happy I recognize her every morning.

I looked pretty closely at the Magnesol website - The Dallas Group. There's a company office located in the Houston area. I'll contact them today for prices. The kicker here is that they recommend using 'the white powder' in oil that's been heated to 175 degrees. That's way beyond the capabilities of my appleseed processor, so now I'm also looking at one of those flexible wrap-around barrel heaters. Not cheap.

One other concept that looks VERY interesting is 'Air Washing'. It's been developed by Graham Laming, a guy in England, who's as hydrophobic as Fab. To read about it go to the infopop biodiesel website:

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums

Then go to the 'Making Biodiesel' forum, and then go to the thread: 'Making washing easier, less water'. It's about 13 down from the top.

The benefit here is that I already have almost everything I need to start using this process this weekend. I'll quit using the stupid bubble rock thingies and switch to a couple of sintered metal airtool mufflers from Grainger or MSC Supply. Sintered metal won't stick to the barrel. They also have the bag filters in stock in a wide variety of micron ratings - everything from 2 microns to 500 microns. I can have this ready to rock this evening, for well under $20.

Wooohooo!