View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 10:06 AM
KingRanchMan02
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A little bit about me

Well, I live in Louisville, born and raised here. I have a long history of Ford products in my past, most of them in my teen years. Back when a kid could pick up something like my first car, a 65 Mustang coupe rolling chassis for $150. Bought a junk yard motor (67 Fairlane 289) and transmission (FMX from a 69 Torino). Put it together after many modifications to just get it on the road. Drove it for 6 -7 months, totaled it. Bought a 66 Mustang fastback chassis, did it all over again. Drove it for a year, rolled it. You get the picture. Gave up on Mustangs.
I have also had a 64 Galaxie 500, a 62 Falcon station wagon, and a 69 Torino GT.
The first Ford purchased new was a 92 Ranger XLT, 3.0, 5 speed manual. I put 125k on it, went through three transmissions, the result of a lead foot. The final demise for me was when the right front suspension collapsed. The upper bracket where the shock mounts and the spring seats rusted out from air condition condesation draining onto it over the years. Replaced the bracket and sold the truck.
Bought my next new truck soon thereafter. My wife drives a 97 Taurus with 120k on it that we bought new. Bought a used 96 Mystique for my daughter. Long story but, it is for sale now.