Old 06-11-2006, 10:08 AM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
This is the last documented statement from Ford that I have seen and it was in late '04 early '05 as I recall:

Ford's Position on Biodiesel:
Ford is advising that any of their vehicles powered by a diesel engine, regardless of manufacturer, may exhibit engine or fuel system problems when using fuels with greater than 5% Biodiesel. Any problems when using fuels containing more than 5% Biodiesel should be referred to the fuel manufacturer. Ford only recomends using fuels containing no more than 5% Biodiesel (B5) in their diesel powered vehicles. In addition, as per World Wide Fuel Charter (WWFC) catagory 1-3, fatty acid methyl esters (FAME) must meet EN14214 and ASTM D 6751 specifications. Broadcast Message 0884, 3626, 4942.

In regards to the 6.0. After over 2 years heavily embedded in the 6.0 forum here, and somewhat involved at other sites, I have never seen or heard of a warranty issue or denial related to biodiesel. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I just have not seen it.

With that said, I do understand Fords position. There are no controls in the home grown biodiesel market. Just because all of our members are able to develop an outstanding product does not mean that the rest of the bio folks are. No telling what some are doing that could create major issues with the 6.0....

I don't get in this forum often. Thanks for letting me stop by and visit a spell.