Old 06-10-2006, 02:37 AM
PWRPROD
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bs

To all: I have been reading a lot of hearsay about vegie based fuel. This brings up a couple of questions. Firat let me say that I live in SoCal where it never gets below 30. The unit is an 01 F250 7.3 wit 4" exhaust and some intake air mods. I have 130,000 miles on the vehicle.
I read that dino and veggi or bio would not mix, or stay mixed. I have had 3 bottles sitting for a week and 1/2. Bottle #1 contains #2 + filtered veggie, 50% mix. Bottle #2 contains veggie and jet A 50% mix. Bottle #3 contains veggie,dino and jet A 30% each mix. Temps have been taken from 90 deg. to 0 deg. being carefull not to agitate. There was a little clouding at +4 deg. but no seperation of any kind. Can any of the chemistry folks explain this?
I have been looking at Jet A as a cleaner/solvent since it can be used by itself as a fuel and has some nice additive packages and no moisture. has anybody checked this out? Could it be a cheep power adder? What is the cetain range for jet A or keroceen? It does smell a lot like Stanodyne.
Sombody said that using veggie oil would coke your engine. So will dino diesel if the compression is too low or the engine gets too much fuel for a long period of time. One of the by products of our engines is soft carbon (black smoke). Just look at the tail pipe tip.
Veggie oil is an astringant and can clean your fuel system and thus clog the fuel filter. Sure can but only if your lazy and don't change the filter when you should.
Just looking for some good answers and no hear say.
PWRPROD