View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 12:42 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Futuresweets-10
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=457773184300286737&q=biodiesel

After watching that episode of trucks one more time it leaves me with a few more questions. With the setup he used he never had to heat it, what does the heating of it do and why doesnt the $4k set up he used have a heater? Also the tank he used was tapered at the bottom. Useing a water heater tank wont their be problems with getting the by product with the diesel? Since the bottom is flat and all.
Stacie left out a bunch. The Fuelmeister is an overpriced bunch of junk, IMHO. The operating instructions tell you to pre-heat the oil BEFORE you put it in the system, but with uninsulated plastic tanks, the temp starts dropping right away. Temperature is very critical, the lower the temp the longer you have to mix!

The cone bottom tank CAN make it easyer to remove the glycerol, BUT if you use NaOH and wait to long.....................you get a hard lump of glycerol in the bottom of the tank with no easy way to remove it, NOT GOOD.

The reason there is no heater in the tank is because IT'S PLASTIC! If something goes wrong [see Murphy's Law ] you will have a huge mess on your floor, besides the potential for a nasty FIRE.

The use of water-heaters has it's own set of problems, You cannot see the reaction, if it's cold you have to preheat and clean the oil before you try to put it in the 3/4" fill hole. This is why I use my own design "open" style processer.

Have a look in my gallery and see what I use for a processer.

FABMANDELUX.

Last edited by fabmandelux; 06-04-2006 at 12:45 PM.