Old 05-24-2006, 11:23 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Things are getting stranger. Maybe I should call this thread the "SWAP SHOP"

I wanted an EFI engine in the Blue mule to begin with. My best friend wants to trade a 302 that needs a timing cover out of a '95 stang (with the computer and everything) and BUY THE TRUCK I am after for me ($300 cash), in exchange for the engine I built and put in the Mule - a carburetted 302. All of this so that he can drop a reliable engine into the '50 Ford shoebox that won't screw up on the way to work on him....

The late model engine has some miles on it and some issues, but will have the TRUCK EFI upper and lower and all the trimmings.

The truck system is a dual airbox with hella-bigger ports in the intake...

All I can think is that "SANTA CLAUS" has been watching me...

THIS is going to be interesting. I'll be wiring '95 model year Mustang HI-PO stuff into an '82 F-100 from scratch...

Fortunately - we have lots of rolls of not only wire but solder, and some old harnesses that can be butchered and remade.

There are two ways to look at this:

Either it's all a dream.

OR I have been hanging around with EXACTLY the right people...

- I still haven't talked to the local "DIESEL DUDE" about exactly what might be tradeable for the F250....

I never did want to part with the F100 itself, it was my first Ford truck. I'm kind of attached to it - it taught me lots of stuff!

This way I get to take it into another dimension.

The engine RIP-OUT should go down midday tomorrow, or thereabouts.

Last edited by Greywolf; 05-24-2006 at 11:38 PM.