View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 02:52 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by bhiggins
sorry i should have looked back at the pictures and got the correct name.

the rotory cleaner

how does that work? and what is the purpose. I know to clean but what makes it any better than heat and filter .........or just fly screen for making bio

thanks
HIggins

did any of your Higgins family come from NC?
Volume...............I do 200-400 gallons at a time. If you look closer at the pictures you'll see it has an air operated "dumper" that dumps 2 oil cubes at a time. The stainless steel perforated drum turns at about 2.5 rpm while the 6" auger counter-rotates at about 50 rpm. The oil flows through the holes and the "crispies" Fry-bits,etc, fall out the other end into a 4" auger and into a trash barrel. Yeald? About 5 gal of "crispies" to every 500 gal of oil. Under the cleaner is a collection pan for the cleaned oil. The oil flows through a 3 stage water-trap[ also in my gallery ], from there the oil goes directly to the inlet of a 1hp pump, which dumps into the 500 gal heating tank.

I took out 90 percent of the labor and "mess" from my process. I can put any oil in, no matter how thick or "nasty" and out comes clean oil!

My new processer will be able to process 500 gal/day EVERYDAY. Thats if I want to be lazy..........the processer will do 100 gal/hr, but I do drink alot of coffee!

No, but alot of them migrated down from New England. Mine came here in 1633.
FABMANDELUX.

Last edited by fabmandelux; 05-24-2006 at 02:56 PM.