View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 08:51 AM
kenneBF250V10
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fred, first off, I don't have an attitude. If I came across that way I apologize. I must be using a different internet than you because when I do a google search I don't get even remotely close to the amount of hits you mentioned previously. I don't take offense to answers that folks give me. What I do take offense to his people who tell me that it can be easily done then don't shed anymore light on the issue and then proceed to tell me I don't listen to any of the suggestions or that I don't do any research on my own. Believe me, I've done more research on this than I care to admit and I can't seem to find any information on what it is I am trying to do. I thought the purpose of this forum was to request help, I don't expect anything. If folks haven't done it or don't have any specifics on the topic I accept that and move on. My hopes was that someone would chime in that had actually installed an aftermarket regulator, not just folks that have never done it and then tells me it can be done. I find plenty of info for Mustangs and other makes of vehicles just not the 6.8. I have no idea what the heck you are talking about when you say that I don't ever seem to answer your direct questions. One of your earlier questions was "what is your concern". I feel I answered that by saying that the engine is knocking slightly under WOT and that I contacted KB and was told by their tech department that they feel the problem is fuel delivery (volume/pressure). How was that not answering your question. Look, I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you or anyone else here. I appreciate all the replies to my questions but I'm still left with my original question. I assume that no one on here has done what I am trying to do because I have not recieved any responses. I'm sure that someone, somewhere, in this great country of ours has done what I am trying to do. Believe you me, I will get it figured out. The link below is a picture of the OEM regulator. Maybe I was expecting a lot hoping that there was a direct adjustable replacement for this unit but I was wrong. I have found plenty of adjustable regulators on the net but haven't found anything that I can adapt to the fuel rail. I said I consider myself pretty well mechanically inclined, I didn't say I was an expert. Hense my reason in requesting the expertise of the folks on the boards. I was hoping that someone had already done this and could shed some light on the process for me. I don't mean folks that done it to an F150 or some other vehicle, I mean the 6.8l V10. The mounting cup that the OEM regulator fits into is part of the fuel rail. It's not like I can just unbolt the fuel rail, take off the mounting cup for the OEM regulator and replace it with an aftermarket adjustable one. In a perfect world that would be great, but unfortunately that is not the case. In closing, I'm not getting pissed off at folks on here, not sure if that is what you were implying or not. I'm pissed at my problem which seems to me should be an easy fix but I'm finding that that's not the case. Again, I appreciate the effort that folks have been putting forth.

http://www.rockauto.com/ref/Motorcra...tml?CM4907.jpg