View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 01:37 PM
66supervan
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New guy with a few Supervan questions..

Been lurking for a few days since I "accidently" won a '66 Supervan. I was just wondering if there are any more websites with info, like production numbers or pictures? This is my first old Ford van, and I'm looking forward to getting it roadworthy...I'm amazed at how simple and cleanly designed it is.

It's a '66 extended panel van that has been parked since the 80's. It was originally purchased as a janitorial supply company van, and the side lettering is still visible, apparently it's only had one repaint. It is an automatic with the 240, and save for the missing mirrors and battery cover, appears to be complete and untouched.

This site has been a great help getting me up to speed to make heads or tails out of my new purchase, and I look forward to learning more as I get in to it.

Are there any things in particular that I need to pay attention to, or look closely at? Any problem areas that are hard to deal with?
Also, if you had an old panel van, would you restore it back to it's delivery status, or have fun with it and add some mags and some carpet?