View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Majic31
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mobile Homes do NOT need an Annual Sticker

From the government e-laws site - Annual Inspection Rules

"Vehicles and Trailers That Do Not Require Annual Inspections

1. Motor homes. A truck while carrying a slide-in camper is a motor home.
  2. Camper trailers and house trailers. A livestock trailer with living accommodations is not a house trailer.
  3. Mobile homes or office trailers wider than 2.6 m (8.6") or longer than 11 m (36 ft).
  4. Trucks that weigh 4,500 kilograms or less while towing camper trailers, house trailers, devices or implements of husbandry such as farm wagons. Note: The trailer's tongue weight and the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of an attached house or camper trailer is not added to the weight of the truck when determining the truck's weight."
As for the reference to the port-a-pottie.. I looked but couldn't find anything... what I found refered to "temporary living accomodation".. I guess I'd want some kind of pottie even for temporary living....

The point about the U-Haul is covered I think, under the Highway Traffic Act S.16(1)(b) - where it gives the exemptions to a commercial motor vehicle -

"(b) a commercial motor vehicle leased for no longer than thirty days by an individual for the transportation of goods kept for that individual’s personal use or the gratuitous carriage of passengers,"

The thing is our rules of the road are getting as complex and messed up as our gun registry. You need to look very specifically at your own situation and what you intend on driving/pulling/towing, or it could cost you mucho dinaro and problems.