Old 03-28-2001, 09:25 PM
fatforty
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Measurments for installing small block Chevy in 56 F-100

Hi, I just have to have my say here. I bought a started project truck it is a 1940 FORD 1/2 ton it is being taken back apart because I feel that a Ford should be powered by a Ford and if you can fit a superchaged 454 between the fenders on a 40 then you can fit any ford engine they made!!!!! I also agree that you cant keep them all stock or even 100% ford mine has a different frame under it Chevy LUV japanese but it is a boxed frame with rack and pinion steering and disc brakes but the rear is ford and so is the rack and the engine will be soon!!! you guys that swap in chevy engines just do it for the ease of installation. True it is easy but so is a ford if you change the pan and oil sump. Another reason is its cheap well I have to give you that one it is cheaper to do it with a chevy but the ford will stay together longer I'm going to put a 5.0 H.O. in my forty and it will run better and longer than your chevy. Plus it will be all ford drivetrain in a ford. I bet you won't put a chevy rear in your truck will you? why not? because ford is better thats why and so is the transmission and the engine. Go with the ford guys its not that much harder orthat much more expensive and you won't catch all the flack about the engine. John
BTW good call Kenny!!!