Thread: canola growers?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 08:11 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 94F250_weekender
Thanks Fabman, thats the info I am looking for. You are a true American hero. Making something out of nothing, selling it and combating the competition. As Ronald Reagan said don't legislate, initiate! Great work. We will sit down and discuss this and begin our research into the feasibility of this working in our region.
Your very welcome. Americans are sometimes slow to react, but when we do.......... I've got extensive research on growing canola in this area. Mr Don Wysocky at the OSU research station here has been researching canola for 30+ years and is always willing to share his findings. One thing you should be aware of, Don's latest research shows that a better way of harvesting canola is not to combine canola while it is standing. Canola has a problem with "shattering", to combat this problem we now swath and windrow the crop when green, then after it drys we combine it. This improves the yeald about 20 percent!

Please feel free to post any questions here if you need any more help. you can also PM me if you would like to talk privetly. I'll always share whatever I can.

FABMANDELUX.