Old 04-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Kista20
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah I remember frederic using that stuff. We use this stuff at work but I don't remember the name of it and we're out of it right now. I would like to do the chassis this summer, the truck looks good on the outside but underneath is a different story. My dad's 87 looks like new but mine has all this rust underneath and also the oil pan needs to be changed, I think I've read that somewhere around early 90's ford used different chassis paint or something that the later ones rusted out. I think someone pulled a fast one when they traded my truck in because it looked great when I got it but later all the paint started flaking off showing all the rust thats there. So anyways as for my bed I took it to the carwash over the weekend but it's still there so today I stayed after about 3 hrs cleaning the bed with some degreaser and a new brush I bought over at advance. My buddy has a pressure washer that I'm going to borrow sometime. I talked to the line-x dealer that I went too and they claim it's just dirt but I know the difference between rust and dirt. Hopefully the pressure washer will break that stuff loose. From being on the back of the truck all evening scrubbing I feel like the bottom and the front of the bed seem a little thin but they did do a good job on the sides and the tops of the rails.