View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 11:19 PM
KJNDIVER
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AWESOME!!! This most definitely works. My drivers door does not work at all and rear passenger door would only "wiggle" the lock when activated. Other two doors work fine for one or two cycles, but after that get significantly weaker and all they do is "wiggle" the lock without doing anything.

I decided to try this on the rear passenger door first since is allllllllllllll the way across the cab and hard to unlock for someone by hand. (Im lazy that way ). Followed the instructions above and now this door works like new. Will do the other doors this weekend. The only change I did was I did not remove all of the plastic rods with mushrooms caps, I only removed half of them and put screws in the rest. That way the cap for the mechanism would line up like it was original and wouldnt need realignment due to off centered screw holes.

I ended up removing and replacing this about 3 times before I got it right. (Mental note: read all instructions two to three times before attempting so as not to forget a step) Working from memory, first I thought the resistor was inside the plastic case. When I didnt see it, I was getting low on daylight so put everything back together. A lil over an hour. Next time, after rereading the instructions, I disassembled, did the fix, and reinstalled in about an hour. But the fix didnt work. It was late and I didnt feel like messing with it again. The next afternoon I again removed the part and checked things out again and inside the motor brush cap, one of the brushes had gotten pushed back to against the housing and there is actually a clip to hold the brush back in this position. Was releasing the brush from the clip and reinstalling the lock works like new. I can cycle the locks and while the other doors get weak after a couple of cycles this lock continued to work at full strength with no weaknesses.

The first time it took a little while to remove all the linkages (over an hour), by the third time I removed the mechanism, serviced the unit, and had it all back in the door ready to go in 30 minutes.