Old 04-06-2006, 11:11 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah. It's been hovering around 2.50 here for a while now, with dips down into the 2.40 range sometimes, then up the mid 2.50's. Luckily, the Bio is the same price as regular #2, and the pump isn't but just a trip across town. Our local MFA gas stations sell any type of Bio fuel at regular fuel prices or lower fuel prices. For example, 89 octane at an MFA is the same price as the 87 because it's blended with 10% ethanol made from Missouri crops. E85 has been about 40 cents cheaper than 87, but you get lower MPG with the E85 so the cost savings are offset somewhat. And of course, the B5 is the same price as regular #2 diesel.

I'll listen to see if it's any quieter, but my truck is pretty quiet at idle as it is. I didn't realize it until I was fueling up with the Bio and there was a Powerstroke ambulance fueling up next to me. They had the thing running at idle, and it was loud. Makes me reazile how much the mods like pre-pump and HPX line have helped it out.

I'll check the MPG, but it will be hard to compare it to anything I've had in the past. This will be the first trip of any significant length since I've done most of the stuff to the truck, like chip, turbo, pre-pump mods, reg fuel system, new wheels & tires, etc. All things that could effect the MPG. But, I'll top off before I leave on Saturday and keep track of what I get.