View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Idaho
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm also moving to Prescott...I just don't know when .

A month ago, I had put in my 2-weeks notice at work so I could start my own dump truck business in Prescott. I had just bought a semi to convert to a dump, got my business loan, got the business registered and was to be up and operating by April 1st.

But...I was on my way to work in my 2005 Nissan Sentra on a rural hwy when a semi pulled out in front of me...I went under the trailer. Made my car an instant convertible and broke my left arm in 3 places and shattered the elbow.

So, now I'm sitting around the house waiting for my arm to heal so I can drive.

I had to spend my start-up money on bills and expenses due to my stay in the hospital. The insurance company of the semi driver won't pay anything, so I had to get a lawyer and file suit. I'm now living on $1200 a month from disability instead of the $10k I was to be making in AZ.

Anyway, enough of my whining...Prescott seems like a great area and I've done a bunch of research on it lately. Housing prices have gone through the roof, though, due to all of the Californians migrating to the area. But, that also makes it a great place to start a dump truck business .

As soon as I get my insurance money, I'll be buying a `78 4x4 F250 supercab from another member here and moving to AZ.