View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 04:30 AM
cowlady
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I heard from SEMA

I received an email from SEMA - there are 4 bills to ban brush guards! Apparently, each bill has 2 sponsors - 1 Assemblyman/woman & 1 Senator. We need to watch BOTH these bill #'s! Here's a quote from the email:

There are currently four bills before the New York Legislature dealing with brush/grill guards. Here’s a brief description of the bills and their sponsors:

AB 10000 / SB 7144: Prohibits grille guards that attached to the chassis of a motor vehicle. Failure to comply will result in a fine and failure of motor vehicle inspection. Sponsors: Assemblymember Lafayette / Senator Larkin

AB 10116 / SB 7094: Prohibits the use of grill or brush guards on motor vehicles operated on public highways or streets, does not apply to farm vehicles. Sponsors: Assemblymember Fields / Senator Stavisky

So far the only "data" references I can find are from Australia. PLEASE help me search for US data!!!!!
PLEASE WRITE/CALL THE BILL SPONSORS & REGISTER YOUR OPPOSITION!!! Just stay calm & polite & they WILL listen!