View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 08:37 AM
tomaslee
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats the part you probably don't want to hear about. I bought the hitch off the internet from Big discount RV and I paid $1,256 for the 16K superglide hitch. There are three different mounting rails and I decided if I was crazy enough to shell out big bucks for the hitch I would do it up right and go with the "super rail" mounts because when they are not in use you simply pull 4 pins and the bed is flat with nothing showing above flush. At the time I was using the truck as a work pickup and that appealed to me. The super rails are the most expensive mounts and I think I paid a little over $500 for them; so guts, feathers and all I laid out about $1,750.

Expensive? You darn right, but I have this thing about seeing something that I judge to be head and shoulders above other products and it fills a need that I have (a short box truck with no danger of hitting the cab) I just go for it. Thats a decision everyone has to make on their own; I personally am quite happy with the decision. Once you put it in you just don't give a thought to your fifth wheel hitting the truck cab. Ain't gonna happen!

Incidently I installed it myself and its not that difficult. Just measure, re-measure, and then go get a cup of coffee and measure again. It's hard to screw it up if you follow their instructions. Hope this helps!