View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 09:50 PM
frederic
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GE appliance motor wiring

Thanks to Tom (TJC Transport) I had a great afternoon of shooting the breeze, dissecting a washer for it's motor, pulley, clutch and transmission, and the pleasure of saturating his truck and my driveway with some kind of non-smelly gearcase oil!

Anyway, when I leeched the motor out of the washer, I snagged about 3' of wiring, but didn't take it all the way up to the switches.

So, I guess I'm in need of a wiring diagram of some kind. I'm hoping one of you folks might be familar with these type of motors.

It's a 1/2" HP, 1725 RPM "square" GE motor, part number #5KH42DT748. I googled for the part number, no hits. Tried a variety of combinations of washer motor, ge washer motor, ge washer 5KH and didn't come up with anything, which suprised me.

It has five wires coming out of it.
Light Blue, Orange, White, Black and Yellow.

Might anyone know what goes where?

The blue and orange wires go to what looks like a choke - a bakelight plastic thing with thick magnet wire wrapped around it. Off the other two terminals there are a green and a pinkish wire that follows the white, black and yellow wires about 2", and that's where I cut it.

There are other wires in the bundle also, but they are for the clutch which I tested and got working no problem.

Thanks in advance!