Old 03-24-2006, 10:54 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aaron - Thanks for doing that!! I feel for you in CA. My sister lives there and I talk to a lot of people there on other forums so I am aware of what you have to put up with. Your emission standards are what every state is look at to model. Don't get me wrong, I am all for cleaner air and protecting our environment, but some of the stuff they require is stupid and counter to their own cause.

Ang - Yeah I knew the step/nerf bars would grab your attention. After reading the links that you posted I could see someone trying to ban tow mirrors because of how far they stick out and the danger to pedestrians that they present.

As to the Fed ruling the states can still impose their own more strict ruling if they so desire which is what NYS is trying to do. I think we need to flood the New York Assembly Transportation Committee with emails and calls against this bill. Those of you in adjoining states might want to get in on the action too as I can see your state jumping on the bandwagon if this passes here.

I am contacting some vendors that I have personal contacts with that make or sell grill guards or brush guards to see what information they might be able to provide to help with this cause.

I was going to post in the other thread, but I will do it here. I can't make next weekend. My sister called last night and is coming in from CA to see my Dad that is sick so I am sticking around here to visit with her. I don't get to see her often and I alway worry she is going to end up in the Pacific Ocean one of these days. Sorry Aaron, but I do worry about that.