View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 04:08 PM
MatthewC
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Work starting to get done on the Bronco

Well, since there wasn't anything on the desk that couldnt wait for tomorrow, I thought I would head to Rocky Road for a while. I picked up my new core-support from LMC that I hope to have put in next month as well as a new timing set since the whole front end will be torn apart anyways.

I brought the Bronco out there last night under the cover of darkness so as to avoid the authorities (way expired stickers) to see if they could do some welding for me. Turns out the damage from the rain-gutter crack was worse than I thought. Cab corner is gone, as well as a half-inch strip along the whole length of the rocker-panel. Then there is the hole in the rear crossmember. It will be a long job getting her all cleaned, prepped and welded. Its too bad I wont be able to help.

Also got a strange phone call about my seat belt being torched to smithereens. Im wondering how my baby is going to turn out. LOL. On top of everything else, the drag link is pretty much shot, and the double-cardan u-joints are close to being gone too. Oh well, as long as I have her good to go by May, im happy.