Old 03-18-2006, 12:09 AM
spidk43
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got stopped doing 44 in a 25. It was a one way 2 lane and I was 15 minutes late. Cop wrote the ticket for 30 in a 25 but did mention my actual speed. I got the points taken off, but still had to pay the fine/court fees.

When I was 15, I would sneak out and ride my bike to my girlfriends house in the summer... GREAT idea..., 5 miles one way. I was in shape tho, I could do it in 20 minutes. Coming home one night I got pulled over on my bike by a cop in the middle school parking lot. He called my house and made my dad come pick me up. (this particular cop was the same one my dad had jury duty for on a police brutality case)

He was a real jerk about it. What i was doing was bad/not exactly the safest thing to do, but he didn't have to talk to me for an hour about it, reiterating the same things over and over. He acted like he got caught running the same kinda deal when he was my age...

edit: the first cop (who wrote me up for speeding) was a nice guy. I mean, he coulda slapped me with careless driving. In court he swayyed the truth for me enough that I might get off easy.